First of all, welcome to the new digs! After toiling in the forgotten catacombs of Blogger since 2005, I have finally migrated into the modern age with a real host and website platform. Perhaps this will mean more regular updates from yours truly. There’s certainly a lot to talk about, and even more upcoming. But let’s get the bullet points out of the way. What have I been doing since announcing the book deal back in April of last year? A lot, actually!
- Revisions! I plan to go into this process a little more in a separate post, but it’s safe to say that there was a lot more work to do on the book once the papers were signed. It was amazing, though, and I have learned so much.
- Foreign language deals! So far, deals have been inked to release THE OTHER MRS MILLER in Italy, Hungary, Czech Republic, Germany, and Poland in addition to the UK and all the Commonwealth territories.
- Screen rights! I can’t reveal QUITE yet to whom, but a deal has been inked to develop the book into a TV series.
- Moving! I not only changed blogging platforms, but we also bought a house (see the picture above) and found ourselves moving right smack dab between Thanksgiving and Christmas, which was exciting to say the least. In addition to the general upheaval of any move, we had a few repairs pop up in the new place almost immediately, the most pressing of which was the need to replace the heating system. And in the midst of all that, we were preparing for Christmas while I was working on copy edits for MRS M. To be honest, the month of December is mostly a blur, and I have no idea how we survived it. Pure adrenaline is my guess.
- Developing a new book! In the middle of that whole flurry of activity, I was busy crafting a proposal for my next book, another domestic thriller. Fingers crossed it will go beyond the few chapters and outline I have done so far, as I have bonded with these characters and very much look forward to getting to know them better.
Anyway, that’s been the bulk of it. Busy, but mostly the good kind, and the bustle is about to pick up even more. Though the year has just begun, the publicity and marketing machine for the book is swiftly getting under way both here in the U.S. and over in the U.K. Galleys are about to roll out. Reviewers are soon to have copies. Stores will be placing their orders. It won’t be long before people are talking about this thing, and I have no idea what they’re going to say. I’ll also soon be traveling to NYC to meet the team, as well as my agent, and hopefully getting a game plan down on a small tour to promote this book in several other cities. I may even have the pleasure of traveling overseas. Allll of that will be announced here when the time comes.
In the meantime, I will be here trying to chronicle this whole experience–the highs as well as the lows–in the hopes it can be helpful, or at least somewhat entertaining, to anyone who happens to be watching.
Watch this space, everyone!