Over the next several days, I will be posting an interview from each author from WRAPPED IN WHITE, the brilliant new ghost story anthology from Sekhmet Press, LLC. These are the same wonderful people behind the vampire collection, WRAPPED IN RED. WHITE book also features my story, "Daddy's Glasses," and you can pick up a copy from all available ebook retailers (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, Smashwords, etc) as well as in paperback through Amazon.
1. You found a surprise ten dollar bill in the dryer. How do you celebrate this magnificent windfall?
Books. Gods yes, books. I’d head right over to Nice Price or The Bookshop or The Regulator – all excellent local bookstores in my town – and spend the $10 and probably a little more and then go home and pet my new pretties.
2. You wake up and realize the apocalypse has just happened. What do you have for breakfast?
Yogurt and cheese and a couple of bars of dark chocolate, and that would just be for starters. I might as well get my calories now, before everything in the refrigerator goes bad, right? Lunch would be the heart of the first enemy I encounter, of course, but breakfast is a meal for the civilized.
3. It's 3am and you hear a knock at the door. When you open it, you see a penguin standing here. He's wearing a bandolero, a cowboy hat, and a fake mustache. He seems to know you. Why is he there?
Let’s just be honest here and then move on: it’s an acid flashback. Next!
4. Which super villain are you most like?
The Penguin, no relation to the previous question. Like Burgess Meredith’s Penguin, in particular, I tend to be a little fay, a little vain, highly avaricious and I love my gadgets. I can be charming or I can have my more muscular friends deal with the problem. I’m happy either way as long as I get what I want.
5. Someone offers you a million dollars to write the greatest slash fiction story of all time. Give me your elevator pitch.
James Bond (Daniel Craig iteration) and The Saint (Roger Moore iteration) investigate a human trafficking ring laundering people and money in the possession of the villainous mega-cabal SMOOCH. The bad guys are using a huge adults-only cosplay convention as the cover for their biggest operation yet, providing our heroes plenty of opportunities to mingle with all the flavors of fandom at its most bawdy. In the end, they save the world and find love… with each other. The working title is COSTUME OF SOLACE.
Costume. of. Solace. I think I'm going to laugh about that all damn day. All while I'm prepping a sexy cosplay that will win Daniel Craig over. He's mine. MINE! Thank you for stopping by, Michael! And make sure to check out his other social network portals.
Michael on Amazon
Michael on Facebook
Michael on Twitter