And we're baaaack! I managed to snag yet another WRAPPED IN WHITE contributor to answer the grueling but revealing 5 Quintessential Questions. This time, it's Bryan W. Alaspa, who is an author after my own crime and detective-loving heart, but he also has a touch for ghost stories, as you will see in his WIW tale, "The Witness." He also did a vampire story for WRAPPED IN RED. But who the hell cares about any of that with apocalyptic breakfast on the line?! Let's get going, shall we?
1. You found a surprise ten dollar bill in the dryer. How do you celebrate this magnificent windfall.
I probably buy something to eat. Maybe I head over to Red Robin and get a hamburger with some pink in the middle, gluten free bun, pickles, lettuce, tomato and ketchup with the bottomless fries. Oh, and a slice of avocado!
2. You wake up and realize the apocalypse has just happened. What do you have for breakfast?
Everything in the fridge. Even the dairy stuff that I usually can’t eat. I’d probably scoop the sour cream, butter and cream cheese with my fingers and eat it.
3. It's 3am and you hear a knock at the door. When you open it, you see a penguin standing here. He's wearing a bandolero, a cowboy hat, and a fake mustache. He seems to know you. Why is he there?
He heard we liked to rescue animals. And he’s a fan of my writing.
4. Which super villain are you most like?
Is there a super villain who’d rather just sit in his office and write, by himself, while listening to music? If there is – I am SO him.
5. Someone offers you a million dollars to write the greatest slash fiction story of all time. Give me your elevator pitch.
Two dudes head into the woods to go fishing. They end up lost. Then night comes and when they wake up, they’re the last two people left on earth.
I sure hope one of those dudes can get pregnant, because repopulation will be a problem! Or maybe that's when we finally see the rise of animal-human hybrids! OMG THAT'S HOW PLANET OF THE APES REALLY HAPPENS! Okay, sorry, I kind of lost myself, there. Also, I'm now hungry for Red Robin. Thanks a lot, Bryan!
Bryan on Facebook
Bryan on Twitter