Our next author to step into the 5 Quintessential Questions hot seat is Kelli A. Wilkins, who contributed "Thursday Night Bingo" to WRAPPED IN WHITE. She is also the author of several works in the speculative and romance genres as well as non-fiction. In other words, she's damn busy, and so I'm really grateful she took the time to talk about this damn mystery penguin that seems to be haunting everybody. Don't know what penguin I'm talking about? Read on . . .
1. You found a surprise ten dollar bill in the dryer. How do you celebrate this magnificent windfall?
I add it to my vacation fund! All the money the washer and dryer spits out is used for exotic vacations.
2. You wake up and realize the apocalypse has just happened. What do you have for breakfast?
Coffee, egg burritos with cheese, tomatoes, peppers, and tater tots. Dessert is probably chocolate pudding or mint ice cream – or both!
3. It's 3am and you hear a knock at the door. When you open it, you see a penguin standing here. He's wearing a bandolero, a cowboy hat, and a fake mustache. He seems to know you. Why is he there?
He’s my muse! Glad he came to visit and inspire my latest story. It’s either that, or I’ve been slipped some acid.
4. Which super villain are you most like?
I took the “which super villain are you?” online quiz and got Apocalypse. According to his profile, Apocalypse was born in Ancient Egypt and had encounters with Dracula. As someone who loves Ancient Egypt and Vlad, I think that’s very cool and suits me. However, my daily “villainry” is more subtle, and I closely identify with Catwoman. She looks all sweet and innocent, yet she’s not afraid to use her claws when she needs to. We both slip in and out of the shadows doing our own mysterious things, independent of others.
5. Someone offers you a million dollars to write the greatest slash fiction story of all time. Give me your elevator pitch.
I have two! Thor awakens with amnesia on a tropical island and meets Sawyer, the leader of a group of plane crash survivors [from LOST]. They discover that the mysterious island is a portal between worlds and have to save mankind from alien destruction.
While sailing the Caribbean in search of a long-lost artifact, Captain Jack Sparrow is rescued from impending doom by a dashing young sailor who goes by the name Captain Jack Harkness. Their quest for the powerful object sends them on a journey through time and space.
Oh. My. God. Captains Sparrow and Harkness. . .Thor and Sawyer. I think this girl has her finger on the pulse of mega hotness! No wonder she's won awards.
Kelli on Amazon
Kelli on Facebook
Kelli on Twitter